RC100 £650 BIN

It was me, sorry guys.

Always wanted an RC100 to add to my fleet of 200s.

Now all i need is a 300.

Don't quite know what I'll do with this, but may need to sell off some of the components to actually afford it!

Congratulations, In all honesty that is what I was looking at it for.

Be interested to see what's gone on with the BB that's has seen the bullseye cranks swapped out.

Congratulations, In all honesty that is what I was looking at it for.

Be interested to see what's gone on with the BB that's has seen the bullseye cranks swapped out.

So...

Got the bike and generally pretty happy with it, but some strangeness going on.

Pretty sure it's been resprayed as the paint is thick and hasn't aged.

BB is a royce (did they make a threadless BB?). If not, something weird's going on. I feel it my be best not to look too hard

Forks need some work

Proshift rear mech is nice, but needs a bit of work

Mavic front mech is a little rusty and also can't work out if it is meant to bend as much as it does, looks intentional, but not sure

I'll get some more detailed pics up soon..

Royce is the sort of place that could make a custom size bb. Probably at massive cost.
I'd be interested in seeing pictures.

The paint might just be a thick powdercoat to protect it and given the trick stuff on there that could well be likely. Or it could be....( sorry :LOL: ) cracked and rewelded then painted to hide that.
As you say, best ignore that for now and play with all the other nice bits.
Happy overall ? and are you going to let us into its Best Offer price :D

Royce and Pace had a thing going on when they brought out their RC200 frame set in 92, could be they did something for the RC100 as an after market option, but never seen one, a disassembly and photos would help, though I know you don't want to go there :O

Looking forward to some photos soon :)

Rich

Don't seem to be any signs of any mends, but you never know. It's my first rc100 so a little blind on this one.

Maybe I'll talk to Adrian to see if they did do anything with royce. Interested to know the history of this one.

Knowing me, I'll probably take an age to get round to doing much with this. Been looking for about 6 years now so what's the rush!

You will be able to tell from the width of the BB shell, the Bullseye shells are a lot wider than a standard 68mm shell, if the shell on yours has be reduced to 68mm I am not sure how the crank arms are clearing the chain stays ~ A couple of photos would tell a lot without any disassembly

Re-welds ~ Look around the bottom of the seat tube/BB weld area always a favourite for failure and also seat stay/seat tube joint, again a favourite

As Rich says, the Royce thing was an "option" on the F1 RC200 frames and the later RC100 frames were always a testing bed for later development so lots of "genuine" possibilities...

Back