when is nos not nos?

Chopper1192":1ullqrcr said:
It's not irrelevant to the poor schmuck who's paid top dollar for NOS only to open the package and find its a use item with half what you paid.
Chopper1192":1ullqrcr said:
It's not irrelevant. If you're interested in using it then why pay for NOS when used but genuinely mint or unmarked might cost half as much?

Make yer mind up chopper, which is it then :LOL: :LOL:

I think its going a bit off kilter here, the points I was originaly making were nos as in new (its state) and its use in advertising ones goods. irrelevant to some but very relevant to others, especially those looking to shall we say "enhance" a value.

Some interesting replies.

My LBS has containers of parts from the 90s, A lot of it either spent time on display shelves back in the day, or was stored in true hoarder fashion. No point in sourcing it for anyone looking for anything he might still have as I guess it's used tat now that may have a shop rat's fingerprints on it, and not even worth the cost of postage. :roll:

befc8cc7.jpg

I wonder whats in the box that says TIO and DISK?
and the one behind it with TIOGA written on it

Chute55uk":3u3pgkez said:
I wonder whats in the box that says TIO and DISK?
and the one behind it with TIOGA written on it

Don't sweat it. The boxes are creased/bent and they had been opened and touched. Worthless tat.

dyna-ti":16o8ivgc said:
Chopper1192":16o8ivgc said:
It's not irrelevant to the poor schmuck who's paid top dollar for NOS only to open the package and find its a use item with half what you paid.
Chopper1192":16o8ivgc said:
It's not irrelevant. If you're interested in using it then why pay for NOS when used but genuinely mint or unmarked might cost half as much?

Make yer mind up chopper, which is it then :LOL: :LOL:
I don't have to make my mind because i don't buy NOS items.

How can it be new old stock? Surely an oxymoron? Bit like the arbitrary 1997 thing on here. When does new become NOS? What if its not sold. Ever.

Purely from a philosophical pov. Are pristine unused antiques NOS?

If a mime artist falls over in a forest and there's nobody there, does it make a sound?

Back