98 specialized fsr white almost finished

banksy

Dirt Disciple
Just testing the water with this really as I have no idea how much it is worth. Ideally looking for a swap for another bike but hey ho.

It's a 98 specialized fsr ground control. It's painted white with new decals on, it is not an s-works as the decals may lead you to believe :LOL: it has rock shox Judy front forks and a fox float on the rear. It has the a2b disc adapter and unfortunately some cheap discs. The bike has near new continental tyres on it and mavic rims.

The bad bits. The bike unfortunately does not have a front derailleur as this somehow snapped while testing the bike (hint to all, don't wear boots to ride!) the only other bad point I can think of is that the wheel does not line up correctly on the rear, this is due to the derailleur being situated in the dropout so forces one side forward, it's a simple fix by filling half a centimetre worth or metal in the dropout but found it worth noting.

Any advice will be great, pics hopefully tommorow
Say 250 quid but not a clue if that's about right or not or swap for another bike, offer me anything road, mountain, hybrid whatever, the worst I can say is no :D would be for collection from the Newcastle area.
Mark

Just to note I have been riding this bike frequently and it works great still, just needs finishing and it is too small for me, think it is a size large, I'm 6"2 and probably suits up to 6"

Back