woman arrested for carrying union jack.

highlandsflyer":h2fsk3ih said:
"At no point was she arrested, or did she have her Union Flag confiscated from her."

What is so difficult to understand?

http://www.gmp.police.uk/live/nhoodv3.n ... enDocument

It is clear from the video clip that the union flag was attached to, or at least on the same pole as, some form of banner. This is what the police are suggesting was inflammatory, not the union flag itself, which they presumably returned to her once they had removed the offending article.

I am happy to give the police the benefit of the doubt here, rather than EDL scum. They weren't gathering in a town centre to drink lemonade and eat strawberries, they were there to provoke trouble. That is what our police force are there to prevent, and public views are being manipulated by those with nefarious ends.

Seems there are plenty who would rather exclude any possibility other than another excuse to get all up on it about 'minorities' and Muslims.

Welcome back to 1930s Britain, Oswald Mosley's Fan Club.
so is there any evidence the banner was inflammatory ?
if so what was the message.

videojetman":2bmu8pxr said:
http://www.examiner.com/article/pregnant-brit-detained-by-cops-for-having-a-british-flag-someone-was-provoked

why is it now wrong to carry a british flag in britain ?
the union jack is part of british culture.

It is clear that this is inaccurate, from the statements made by the police and the fact that, on examination, the video shows there is something attached to the back of the union flag.

So this whole outrage is based on an inaccurate assertion.

I really see no reason to chase one's tail over all this.

highlandsflyer":w9tlodoz said:
"'White' born and bred english person"?

Plenty white born and bred English Muslims.

Besides, these EDL scum ARE troublemakers, who doubts that?

The EDL would be a fair bit more effective if they were Muslim. As it is all I can see they do at the moment is get together, get pissed then have a fight with themselves and the police. If the EDL turned to Islam they'd at least stop drinking and be able to accomplish something.

highlandsflyer":2tj5xgyp said:
It is clear that this is inaccurate, from the statements made by the police and the fact that, on examination, the video shows there is something attached to the back of the union flag.
I've not watched any video but it's not unknown for the Police to 'bend' the truth to suit their own agenda. See Plebgate for a recent example.

People are understandably upset because regardless of the facts they feel an injustice in the sense that certain groups are treated differently from others. The EDL (to my knowledge) haven't killed anyone, aren't involved in terrorist activities, and aren't a threat to any reasonable integrated Muslim yet are lumped in as 'as bad as', 'the same as' etc nutters that want an end to the UK as we know it. AFAICS nobody has any real answer to them other than to shout racist at them, or scum in your case. There will be moderate and hardline factions within the group same as any other yet seemingly it's OK to brand them all as one. But if I do the same with Muslims...

A guy I know is quite heavily involved in the EDL and although he's a bit simple his belief is that 'our' culture is being eroded in favour of Islam. Recent media coverage, political pussying and the relative birthrates between the two groups will do nothing to dissuade him of that. The EDL will grow bigger.

This is the latest building in Pollokshields. Fortunately it's a gurdwara rather than a mosque, because a showing off a £4m mosque in current circumstances maybe isn't the best idea for community relations. I could live without the Xmas tree decorations on the roof but otherwise it's a beast. Must have Photoshopped the blue sky on.
sikh-gurdwara-glasgow-g270213.jpg

i believe in fixies":3pou2rn0 said:
highlandsflyer":3pou2rn0 said:
"'White' born and bred english person"?

Plenty white born and bred English Muslims.

Besides, these EDL scum ARE troublemakers, who doubts that?

The EDL would be a fair bit more effective if they were Muslim. As it is all I can see they do at the moment is get together, get pissed then have a fight with themselves and the police. If the EDL turned to Islam they'd at least stop drinking and be able to accomplish something.

Classic!

The haven't thought it through have they?

If you can't beat them all up, join them!

technodup":c4b8momj said:
highlandsflyer":c4b8momj said:
I've not watched any video but it's not unknown for the Police to 'bend' the truth to suit their own agenda. See Plebgate for a recent example.

Only if one is to believe the police released the footage that stirred up all this crap in the first place.

Clearly visible at 139 seconds into the clip...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... CJg#t=139s

...is the last part of the word 'mosques'.

2wd24g5.jpg

Irrefutable support to the police claim that there was a banner as well as the ordinary union flag. It appears to be tacked onto the back of the union flag. They probably spent some time separating them before sending her on her way with the union jack.

Funny how unobservant people become when they have an agenda.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
well your evidence still doesn't prove an inflammatory banner.
mere speculation.
but if it makes you feel better, well done.
as stated above, the police do bend the truth occasionally.

All I am pointing out is that no one was detained, arrested, cautioned nor anything else merely for waving a Union Jack.

No speculation.

You still stand by your assertions?

Seems to me that the woman got exactly what she went out to achieve and the gullible folk around us lapped it up with gusto. What next? maybe this xmas we will see blue eyed virginal carol singers outside islamic book shops singing songs infused with subtle messages of hate designed to provoke a police response in order to create an uproar within the gentile classes...... "Look Maude, they are arresting people for celebrating xmas now".....I despair.

i believe in fixies":136ma5x6 said:
As it is all I can see they do at the moment is get together, get pissed then have a fight with themselves and the police.
As I recall it, that would make it much like being in the Army!

Back