development mtb trail clayton vale

GR8 day out! Fun and frolics! Thanks Liam1611. Hope you got your butty! Gonna clean holes in my shin in a min...

skills track section, and the main park itself really complement each other. Really got to grips with drops and stuff doing both. The track is tight so hard to carry speed but will find a way. Thank you council and friends of Clayton Vale and everyone involved. Brill.

Drove around for 1.5 hours but couldn't find it? Went to the wrong place at first, the visitor centre was closed so went to the other entrance, nothing there, asked some MTB'ers and they said it was at the Velodome, went there and still nothing!
There were signs up at all the entrances, and a massive one at the Velodome, but none of them said where to go!

Where was it?!

As you drive down the A662 Ashton New Road you need to turn into Bank Street which is the street that runs down the back of the Velodrome.

Velodrome.jpg

As you drive down Bank Street you should see Philips Park on your left, before you go under the Bridge.

PhilipsPark.jpg

This is where the Skills Area is located with drop offs, pump track, berms and several other bits and pieces, training for the Clayton Vale Trail.

Once you've finished playing there it's off to Manchesters First Mountain Bike Trail with Blue, Red and Black runs.

So head back out of Philips Park and continue down Bank Street which turns into Bank Bridge Road, until you come to the entrance to Clayton Vale.

ClaytonVale2.jpg

Which is on your Right Hand Side as you drive down Bank Bridge Road.

Spend a couple of hours riding around in circles and have some fun.

ClaytonVale.jpg

See you there next time.

P.S. If you P.M. reanimation he should be happy to take you round once or twice as he lives round the corner (Lucky so and so) as long as he's not got his head under a car that is.

Regards

Liam

Ok, thanks for doing that! :) I drove past that entrance but didn't see anything there!
I might try and pop down next week.

had a bit of a blast round today,im still finding my way round it all,once i find it all out ect it will be much better but all in all very good and on my door step

Yeah we were lucky to find the official stuff near the skills track! Wasn't a lot to see either, though was nice to be there. That last outing was great finding the slightly more technical and challenging stuff. Just need to Cary more speed now, eek!

just had a blast agin,the first trail(car park start) just as you get some speed up it on the back brake for some very tight turning ,over the other side is a bit more open but more rocky sec ect,i will try to get on monday sometime,enjoying the orange :)

Back