Attachments

• Bikes small.jpg
    Bikes small.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 747
Clifford":2ddvh5fy said:
Thought its time I added an up to date pic of my collection for your enjoyment

Enjoy!

Woo hoo!!

Nice nice!! Now which one do I like the most???
Can't decide, all stunning

Perhaps this should be on a build thread - please let me know:

I am now officially part of the I have just taken delivery of a very rough Raleigh Dyna Tech Odyssey.

After reading through this entire thread I was inspired to build and own one.

The reason for my interest goes back to 1991 / 1992. My fellow MTB friend was a Raleigh Nut. His first bike was a Maverick (in a Gun Metal Grey). It was very well specced (he may have up graded it) with Deore XTII.

Then he moved onto the Marin Bear Valley (with the rough black paintwork).

He wasnt keen on Marin so part exchanged it for a Dyna Tech Mission. I was very envoius of that bike (I was still riding a Peugeot Flame 15spd MTB). What struck me about the Dyna Tech was the way the frame looked.

Anyway being new to the Dyna Tech Collective I have a few questions that I hope you guys could help with.

The Odyssey appears in the 1991 catalogue but the frame number is:

Is that correct?

Is my frame the original colour?

What type of Bottom Bracket will it accept?
What is the rear axle size?
What is the Front Derailleur Clamp size?
What is the Seat Post size?
Where can I obtain the Bottom Bracket Gear cable guide?
What was the length of the factory stem?
Lastly is it possible to obtain this frame serial number label or have it reproduced?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

Hello rough neck.

I am in the process of a complete re build of an identical frame mate. I started a build thread entitled " dyna tech build number 2" a few weeks ago.

I have had my frame shot blasted to remove the old paint and have just finished the new paint scheme.

I will try and answer your questions -

- yes your frame appears to be the original colour combo.
- bottom bracket is 68mm shell but the axle length depends on which chainset you are going to fit. Im fitting either 91 lx or DX and the axle length is 122 mm
- I can check the clamp size tomorrow of the front mech.
- I will measure the seat post tomorrow.mthink it maybe 26.2mm
- bottom bracket gear cable guides are available on a couple of quid on e bay. Just bought one made by Acor. The fixing bolt is too small thought so You will need to adapt by getting a larger bolt? The guide itself fits nicely though.
- I can measure the factory stem tomorrow. I have one of these as I am fitting a syncros. From memory it's approx 130-140mm with 0 degree rise. Quill diameter 1 1/8th.
- not sure about the frame serial number. Try Gil.

I will update my build thread this weekend so keep an eye out for it or do a search.

What plans do you have for yours?

Look forward to the build.
I'm selling XT M730 cranks with pace rings and m735 front and rear mechs and thumbies plus m730 hubs on 231 cd rims all go well with a dynatech - my one has transformed to suntour xc pro

Ibbz - these sound like the parts that I need for mine. I've already got wheels but any pics/prices from the mechs and thumbies?

I'm at work, do this eve I will get some snos but if you click on my mt4 link in my sig it will show u all the parts from page one (since been replaced by xc pro but still in same nick)

jimbog":17x5fx11 said:
P.s. is this the one from eBay? I put a low bid on this myself.

Hi Jimbog

Thanks for info you supplied.

It may be the same bike you bid on!! There was only one other bidder.

As for what Im going to do with the Odyssey - I am in need of inspiration!! My Cinder Cone has evolved slighty from 1991 spec - which Im happy with. I would like to buils a bike to spec as much as possible. But the Odyssey would look so much better (IMHO) with brighter paint job! The photos on this thread have confused me as to what to do!! The lugged frame should be shown off.

Any suggestions welcome!!

Hi not posted for a while but checking back I thought this belonged on here, I've had it a while and previously posted it in the road bike section. Still not sure of exact model or who SA? was/is?
6stp39.jpg

30m1uue.jpg
21188m1.jpg
4tkbpl.jpg

Back