uses for titanium

daugs

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
just finished extensive dental work, and thought I'd share my new (or actually not so new) bit of titanium as had final permanent crown bolted down last week, literally with a torque wrench............

8788341720_515d28b816_z.jpg

im contemplating haveing the same done, I already have a few pieces of Ti in various place in my body, id post a pic but I fear I may be banned from the site

Im due to get a couple of Ti pegs in to hold a lower denture.
Likely to cost me in the region of £3000+

Keep me alive longer ;)

swannymere":2h4ab4cm said:
Did it hurt? And how much?

op to take out remains of original tooth with grafts to replace bone, then year ish later after healed then implant put in, both under sedation, then op to put post that screws into implant, lots of local, no didn't really hurt that much as always got lots of pain killer, Mrs is in the business so price not really comparable, tooth above is crowned as well as tooth two in front.

I am very lucky, I have a few fillings, not many, but my teeth are as strong as ox's, I say lucky mainly as my mother's were rotten and black in her late teens and had full top and bottom dentures by her early 20's :shock: also lucky because NHS dentists just tell most people that they won't do remedial work, as our's won't, because they don't have anything left in the budget for it. They blamed my mother's teeth on smoking but I smoked for 13 years with no affect.

Good luck with any further treatment

Alison

Are they lighter than real teeth?

It's taking the weight weeny thing a bit too far in my opinion. :D

Latest posts

Back