Where do you work on your bike(s)?

My_Teenage_Self":go7eeaoi said:
It's a bit pokey, but does the trick...

Looks well tidy and plenty of space!

Mine is full of our boxes now, all to be sorted and recycled. Really has shrunk, but once all that is done I will be painting it and installing office/cooking area and a shower with storage above it all, leaving enough room for workshop area and motorbikes, etc. Toying with the idea of a wood burner, but woodyard nearby so perhaps not a great idea!

Looking forward to being able to leave the bike workstand up all the time and not banging into it trying to get past whilst tripping over toys!

highlandsflyer":3dm9k39r said:
My_Teenage_Self":3dm9k39r said:

Mine is full of our boxes now, all to be sorted and recycled. Really has shrunk, but once all that is done I will be painting it and installing office/cooking area and a shower with storage above it all, leaving enough room for workshop area and motorbikes, etc. Toying with the idea of a wood burner, but woodyard nearby so perhaps not a great idea!

Looking forward to being able to leave the bike workstand up all the time and not banging into it trying to get past whilst tripping over toys!

You could build a cladded inner sanctum. Bit like a shed within a workshop. Wouldn't blow away then.

The History Man":13xl4yc4 said:
highlandsflyer":13xl4yc4 said:
My_Teenage_Self":13xl4yc4 said:

You could build a cladded inner sanctum. Bit like a shed within a workshop. Wouldn't blow away then.

My uncle is actually building a house within a shed, not to avoid planning regs but because he wants to be able to work on it 24/7 in safety!

My office/kitchen area will be a locked inner sanctum but it won't be wood clad as I have partitions already made up to go in. :)

Nice. Was that the new door earlier? Wish I had a lock up. The things you could hide......

Outside (when it's dry or light) or in my front room... I just remove the bikes and there's carpet underneath. It's where I store them as well.

11182C06-BBD9-4DEA-82D5-8365E8681EAE-5681-000006F9075AC51F_zpsdacce4a4.jpg

When I lived in the nurses' home in Ladbroke Grove my bike lived on a hook above my bed. I slept much better knowing it was there. Too many pointy and hurtful things on bikes to have them around the house now. If I ever get that Klein back it will be back on a hook above my fireplace this time. :)

Isaac_AG":1qdip8qp said:
Ours is all done in the living room/dining room, it has laminated flooring and we just put an old duvet cover down to protect it, used to be the shed but the felt roof came off and we tried to put new stuff on but that came off in the next wind. The staples that held it on just aren't strong enough, our neighbour did have a go at nailing it on but said the wood could not take nails. We spent over £2000 on that bloomin shed, and we cannot use it :(

Whine over :oops:

Alison

why dont you put battens over the top of the felt? you could screw the battens down and if the wood under the felt is not strong enough to take a screw ,you could put battens on the underside of the roof and screw into them. or go the whole hog and get if felted by a proper flat roofer who will stick it down with hot tar

Back