Divorce question...

greenstiles

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
If me and my wife split am i responsible for any debt in her name only, like her credit cards...........crap that i'm having to ask this with a 10 month old son :( ......hormones ?

no,if its in her name only,its her debt unless its tied to the house which maybe in both names.
just try to work it out,we have all been there at some point,just ask yourself if you want to throw it all away?
sometimes its for the best,but make sure first.
good luck fella. ;) ;)

Try and sort things out before even thinking about things like money.

I didn't and regret it to this day.

no, what she is named on is hers, if your both named then your both liable. that's how I ended up with a 20k bill after my ex wife got the house repossessed and she got off with nothing as the mortgage was in my name only but she was paying it (or not)

I let my ex have the lot - the 6 bedroom house, the Boxster, the bank account. I took the cheapest of our 3 cars, my clothes, and don't regret a moment of it because from that moment on she had no control over me.

greenstiles":2xnfi24i said:
... a 10 month old son :( ......hormones ?

Post natal depression?

Never underestimate this, my wife suffered from it, for a lot longer than we thought - it was actually diagnosed when my lad was a year old. It has many different symptoms and effects - broach the subject carefully, it takes a hell of a lot of guts to go to the doctor about something like this.

Best of luck pal, whatever it is that has caused the situation, it's a shitty thing to happen.

Chopper1192":3qxjw1lz said:
I let my ex have the lot - the 6 bedroom house, the Boxster, the bank account. I took the cheapest of our 3 cars, my clothes, and don't regret a moment of it because from that moment on she had no control over me.

Pretty much what I did. Worked out how much I'd put into the mortgage and let her have the house for that much. I don't miss her as much as I regret not trying harder to make it work when I saw we were having problems. Could we have worked through our issues? I'm not sure but I probably should have tried harder, as should she.

Many thanks, i'm having shots fored across my bow....like you will have to pay have my debts off etc.......saw my psych and described our current relationship.........he said it sounds like a 1950's marriage but in reverse ! my thoughts exactly.........my wife even said ''when you go back to work how will you cope doing all the other things'' i said what things, she said, like now, all the housework, cleaning, washing etc, :shock:

If only the law (or how it was applied) had changed since the '50s. Bet she won't be volunteering to provide for you and your boy as well as funding her new life like she would if the situation was reverse and she was the stay at home parent.

Having a child is really, really hard. I bet you are both knackered. Give it time.
Life with a new baby is pretty dreadful! Things do improve.

Anybody who says that having a baby would bring you together had clearly never had a baby! I remember my wife and I having screaming rows - the sleep deprivation and sheer hard work make a pressure cooker atmosphere. We rarely row now, 10 years and 2 children later.

Stick with it.

Latest posts

Back