Manitou, Rock Shox or RST?

1997BlackC5

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I am looking at building up a retro hard tail circa 1995. The shocks I am considering are the following: Manitou SX, Pro XC, Comp XC; Rock Shox Judy SL, Judy XC, Mag 21, Quadra 21R or RST 381L or 171's.

When the bike was new the fork was an option that you spec'ed when bought new & the above list was pretty much what you could chose from. I am after some direction on which way to go so would appreciate people's thoughts.

It appears I can get the RST 381 NOS & whilst they are not a great fork I am led to believe they are bulit proof & lighter than the Judy's.....is this the case?

I had a set of RST Mozo pros which were a couple of years later, not sure about the 381's. I would say if you can get a set NOS they may be ok, I remember my RST's being very easy to maintain, and function was adequate.

Just being nosey but how much would the NOS RSTs set you back?

matt24777":5ifs0wf4 said:
I had a set of RST Mozo pros which were a couple of years later, not sure about the 381's. I would say if you can get a set NOS they may be ok, I remember my RST's being very easy to maintain, and function was adequate.

Just being nosey but how much would the NOS RSTs set you back?

£25 + £12 postage.......

anyone any thoughts on the weight issue or the Manitou's?

Latest posts

Back