1991 Panasonic PR-6000 nearly complete

Thank you for all the kind words. I can't wait to get it finished off and actually take it for a ride. Given my schedule and the weather here it looks like that is about a week away.

I now also watched the movie on your website. It shows the great attention for detail even more closely: the blue Bullseye pulleys and coloured cable ends for example. Tres chique!

Elev12k":3u25j6nx said:
I now also watched the movie on your website. It shows the great attention for detail even more closely: the blue Bullseye pulleys and coloured cable ends for example. Tres chique!

Thank you my friend. When I first started road cycling I remembered all the little customizations that many of the high end bike owners would do. Since I had long dreamed of owning my own PR-6000 I decided to try to build it with the same little details that I thought were "cool" as a young cyclist. It made for a fun project and it was my wife's love for the color orange that prompted me to use it as the accent color. ;)

What a stunning bike - I love the colours and all of a sudden I have a hankering for Dura Ace. It never stops... :evil:

Superb :cool: :cool: :cool:
the 7400/7402 dura ace group is really too me the nicest looking group they did manufacture - sleek, good looking but simple
everything afterwards especially the cranksets went down the "drain" :roll:
on this frame is its just perfect
and this white frame with just enough colour and nice blue and orange combination with nice saddle ,tape and rims colour "recall" just strikes it :idea:
what else to ask for :mrgreen:

PS : bravo about your panasonic site - I think you can be dubbed a "panasonic nerd" ;)

bduc61 said:
Superb :cool: :cool: :cool:
the 7400/7402 dura ace group is really too me the nicest looking group they did manufacture - sleek, good looking but simple
everything afterwards especially the cranksets went down the "drain"

Totally agree, I have two bike with 7400 Dura ace, it's is a very innovative group with a host of firsts for Shimano, first STI , first duel pivot brakes, 8 speed hypo glide cassettes.....love it!
Your bike is very cool hope you have many enjoyable miles with it.

Class.

Mel is the PR-6000 pimp as he also sourced mine although it is in "Ed condition" rather than being as sweet as yours.

More or less :) One for you, one for Darin and a 3rd example went to Mark in the States. His bike belonged to Eric Knuvers originally. I still have the bikes from Zhdanov and Ekimov.

Back