Re-dish a wheel to account for misaligned frame?

Mindmap3":so5f2n1u said:
Have you sorted it yet?

I'm not going to get the wheel re-dished and I'm not going to buy a new rear end!

I had second thoughts about having the wheel done because, as Woz says, I'll just end up with a rear wheel which is specific to the frame unless it was re-dished again. Given the amount I chop and change my frames/bikes that's just too much of a faff for a few mm.

I'm not going to buy a new rear end because this one works absolutely perfectly and there's no guarantee that a replacement would be any straighter.

I'm going to find a washer to fit over the end of the hub axle in order to space it out a little bit. The washer from an ISIS crank bolt is the PERFECT size, but even though I've got 2 ISIS bolts spare in the shed, I can't get the bloody washers off without cutting the bolts so it looks like another trip over to the grandparents' farm to make use of their workshop ;)

The washers will slide over the axle end and will then butt up against the frame, which will hopefully push the wheel over by a couple of mm :D

Back