Merlin Oreas ti goodness!

The forks are 440mm.I don't think it raises the front up too much,having said that I'm after a set of ti/carbon RC31's but I'm not too sure if its worth the money for a small weight advantage........ :?

First 'proper' ride today.3 hours in the sun on the South Downs :D Absolutely loved it :cool: I was like a 10 year old on a BMX :roll:
Apart from some phantom gear shifts (now fixed) nothing fell off or came loose.Is it just me or does everybody else wonder if they have done all the bolts up tight enough :?

A few more pics of the finished beast.........

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 601
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 601
Really really nice.
I got close to building something very similar before my Scalpel addiction started and seeing yours finished with pretty much the same kit I had in mind - SLRs (the best looking versions) M970 XTR and Pace rigids - makes me wish I had. What does she weigh ?

Thanks for your comments :D
I'm not too sure what it weighs exactly I'd say around 22lbs in old money :cool: maybe a less,it feels like its half the weight of my Explosif.......really quick!

Re:

Thread resurection time.

The Merlin made its way from Dave to me, I've owned it for a few years now. I've not made many changes other than to swap the carbon bars and stem for my Thomson stem with Seven Cycles ti bars & put on a trusty old Flite. The 1.8" tyres have made way for 2.1" on the back and 2.3" on the front.

nM8Kg5ol.jpg

cB3kkN1l.jpg

Back