could this be the future of law enforcement ?

lumos2000":k9d8dvda said:
sylus":k9d8dvda said:
hamster":k9d8dvda said:
Isn't it weird that the vast majority of people executed in the USA are both black and poor?

Not quite, the vast amount of those executed are murders and serial rapists and I doubt to their victims colour made any difference

lumos2000":k9d8dvda said:
isn't it weird that rich white people can afford justice!

Then unless you think there are no rich people who are not white then that ^^ just looks silly

you mean sillier than the comment about black poor people! :facepalm:

yup....even more so given most black crime is black on black..so I doubt they would see colour as an issue wouldn't you agree?

i think what hamster was getting at was the injustice of the legal system, regardless of colour and more to do with wealth. :roll: I was trying to ad contrast to his comment not bring up a race issue. :facepalm:

Scotland and the UK do indeed have a high standard of justice in my view. Who are we comparing ourselves to if not?

The US system has long been viewed as skewed against minorities, and take a brief read over the reports by major Human Rights organisations to find out who exactly gets put to death. As much as I love the US I won't go to bat for the idea that justice is served equally amongst the population.

highlandsflyer":2y52oumu said:
Scotland and the UK do indeed have a high standard of justice in my view. Who are we comparing ourselves to if not?

The US system has long been viewed as skewed against minorities, and take a brief read over the reports by major Human Rights organisations to find out who exactly gets put to death. As much as I love the US I won't go to bat for the idea that justice is served equally amongst the population.

im sure we like to think so, though dought the victims of abuse would agree

when it comes to dealing with sex offenders, pretty poor. thought I have no experience of other countries law so cant compare.

Back