RaleighMan

Retro Newbie
Hi all, I'm new to this forum.
Went cycling yesterday to Houghton Mill near Huntingdon and while resting got chatting to another cyclist riding a 1978 Raleigh racer (not sure what model) but he took a liking to my bike and told me about this site/forum so here I am.

I have a 1998 Raleigh Proline full suspension MTB made from Reynolds tubing in orange finish (which has proved to be tough as hell in use). Rock Shox Judy XL's at the front and Rock Shox coil-over at the back. I've had this bike since new and apart from some regular servicing - it's all original - it's still on original brake shoes. The only thing I've changed was the saddle (which was not good for long distance) and the tyres which were orange and black dual compound off-road with aggresive tread pattern. Still kept them but have gone to semi-road/trail for lower rolling resistance due to 60:40 road/trail use.
The main aspect of this bike is the quality of the frame and the components. I guess Raleigh really knew what they were doing on these bikes. It even came with a signed photo of the bloke (Ray) who built it.

Back