Illegal Seat

TGR

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
He means illegal according to UCI rules - you won't get pulled over by the local coppers if they spot you riding one! There was an even more extreme version made for TTs, I can't remember who made it or who rode it, but it was used in competition before the UCI decided they weren't having any of it (as they do with most things nowadays - I sometimes wonder how it is that the pros are actually allowed gears and brakes in races today!)

As to the actual advantage, well there might be one, but then how many cyclists actually sprint seated in the saddle?

Me: I'm going to drop all of the old men on the next group ride now that I got me one of these "illegal" saddles.

Cop Guy: Hold on there son, better pull over and let me have a look at that there bicycle seat...just as I suspected banned by the UCI.

Me: But officer I just wanted to be Fast!

Cop Guy: Well how 'bout a fast trip to the pokey, turn around and place your hands behind your back

Me: waaa, I never mess with the cycling authorities again...

Steven - very funny - but how would the cop catch the illegal saddle user? He would have to have a turbo illegal seat!!!!

Vive - crime pays!!!!!!! Check out our politicians!!!!

Richard

Latest posts

Back