The collection.

Cavauxhall

Dirt Disciple
Sorry they're not all mountain bikes!

The modern: I got this at the end of last year as a treat to myself. Always liked Treks, seem very well built and decent to ride.
Trek4500DBlk.jpg

This I got the other day, pretty much just because it seemed cheap and it was!

gt tequesta by Cavlover1, on Flickr

I think probably all my other mountain bikes are nasty full suspension cheap stuff. That said I did borrow my son's £70 Halford's Trax bike and did Llandegla on it. It was a nightmare getting up (I'm unfit and the suspension is terrible going up hill) so pushed it most of the way up. Going down was a riot though, I actually had to shout people on expensive bikes to move over as I came flying down. The bike was surprisingly good down hill and really got some good speeds up.

Right, that's about it for the mountain bikes, sorry. My other (and bigger) passion is older road bikes. I have a Giant Defy 2 which I love to bits as my modern ride and I don't think I'd ever sell it, it's a superb bit of kit.
So, onto the older ones. Nearly all of these are still with me but I sell the odd one to pay for repairs and restoration on others.

Got this the other day, I assume it's fairly early for an Appollo/Halford's bike. Anyhow it was sold as only the frame being any good but I found a seat, sorted out (i.e tightened up!) the rear wheel bearings and I'm now just two tyres and a basic service away from having a useable bike

appollo challenger by Cavlover1, on Flickr

The seat was donated from this little rocket which I got because it's quite unusual and I like random things

emmelle cadet gt by Cavlover1, on Flickr

Didn't have this too long. Really nice bike that I 'recommissioned' after a few years out of service and someone expressed an interest so I sold it to fund the others...

dawes legend l 12 speed new tyres kevlar seat by Cavlover1, on Flickr

More to come, my computer is being silly again at the moment. Please accept my apologies for non-MTB content!

Back