8speed cassette advice please?

As my addled memory can only hold so much info, can't remember which way 'round it is, but I usually use a bench vice when using a cassette tool.

Mount the tool in the vice, sit the wheel on top, locked into the tool, crack out the chain whip (see what I did there...) then wehay, turn the wheel.

Trouble is, can't remember whether that's for taking the cassette off, or putting it on...

If thats the current state of your cassette in the pic I wouldnt change it,it looks like a quality old 8 speed XT and in good health.Only change when the sprockets appear to be hook shaped.Yours def are not.....

I'd buy Shimano, the higher the number the better. The newest 8 speed cassettes are only 30g heavier than XT 9 speed. The SRAM cassettes have a large gap in the 2-4th largest sprockets ratios which is annoying.

As with the other posts changing a cassette is easy.

SP

66 triumph daytona":2ban4m93 said:
If thats the current state of your cassette in the pic I wouldnt change it,it looks like a quality old 8 speed XT and in good health.Only change when the sprockets appear to be hook shaped.Yours def are not.....

Just bought new cassette! Shoud I just ft chain for now and see how it goes?

Back