1997 Merlin Extralight

kiwideturin

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Some pics of my current (and unfinished at this time :oops: ) build, based on a Merlin Extralight titanium frame.

It's the second one, the first (still a 1997) was a little too big, with a 57cm top tube. Build with a classic wheelset (Dura Ace hubs and Mavic Reflex tubuar rims), mostly parts of a Dura Ace groupset, out of the crankset which was a Middleburn (RS1 or RS2 :?: ), some light carbon components (Flite saddle, seatpost and handlebar) and a little purple touch :cool:
I just forgot the fork, a new 1" EC90 Easton(full carbon).

imgp9521.jpg

Yet the current build, on a 55cm frame. A mix of parts, some new,other one coming from the former build. Less colored, silver and black, as titanium and carbon, and a little weightweenie goal (in the 6/6.5kg range :oops: ) without spending a lot of money :cool:

pict3782.jpg

First change, i went from a square taper 130BCD crankset (53/39 Middleburn and BB-UN91 Shimano bottom bracket) to a NOS compact 50/34 Stronglight Pulsion, with an ISIS bottom bracket (Stronglight Twister titanium)

pict3783.jpg

Other changes, i went from a 9 speed Dura Ace 7700 groupset to a 10 speed 7800 one (with a small carbon front mech collar :oops: )

pict3785.jpg

pict3790.jpg

pict3788.jpg

pict3789.jpg

To suit the frame, i've found another 1" Easton full carbon fork, wich comes with a Chris King headset. The Dura Ace shifters are supported by a new ITM carbon handlebar, the stem is a F99 Syntace in 3 different length (from 90 to 120mm) to adjust the position.
Not figured on pics, the two only parts from the former build, a carbon PMP seatpost (perhaps replaced by a lighter KCNC Pro Lite 9000) and a carbon Flite Evo3 saddle.
To ride it, only needs a nice wheelset (i've rims and hubs, spokes are on the way) and tubular tyres. More news in a few days :cool:

pict3784.jpg

pict3786.jpg

pict3787.jpg

Back