Not good for minority rights?

'No tolerance to this type of criminal', now types of criminal are being singled out. You see we cant help ourselves, one group singles out another group and picks on them, its not nice, shameful even but alas human nature :(

videojetman":1bur5a7l said:
unfortunately we live in a society where if you don't fit into the "norm" you become a target.
no one has the right to treat anyone badly, just because they don't fit in.
the people who perpetrate hate crimes should be treated with the same contempt they have towards their targets.
there should be no tolerance to this type of criminal.

There be more contradictions in there ^^^^than a u.s. president saying we are a peacefull nation

There is no normal anymore and hasn't been for many decades...this delusion that only people who are different are persecuted is normally spread by those who have a victim mentality

humans basically are lazy and horrible, some find their way out of that and try to be as good as they can be and put a little bit extra in but most are horrible.

what is a hate crime anymore to be honest? every week we see a new "group" made "special" or a new way this or a new that....you get the drift...even in being a victim some want to be part of it just so they can either belong to something or use like a crutch to say"hey man that's the way I am, deal with it or I'm accusing you of" homphobia,racism, etc

People seem to have stopped looking for answers and ways to may it better but have instead started to look for a way to play victim and blame everyone else

Shit happens, deal with it and move on

Original post edited.
I'm no expert on this subject, just voicing my point of view,
Right or wrong ? Who's to say.
The world would be better if we just accept peoples differences.

Chopper1192":2lv7yb4i said:
Where does it stop? Picking on fat people? Rude comments about gingers?

"Rude comments about gingers". Well yeah, the hair colour someone is born with is no different to the skin colour they are born with.
I really do get fucked of with twats giving people abuse because of their skin colour, spiritual path, hair colour, nation of birth, accent. It's pathetic, really ******* pathetic.

yagamuffin":tu4hfghz said:
Chopper1192":tu4hfghz said:

"Rude comments about gingers". Well yeah, the hair colour someone is born with is no different to the skin colour they are born with.
I really do get **** of with twats giving people abuse because of their skin colour, spiritual path, hair colour, nation of birth, accent. It's pathetic, really **** pathetic.

Such attacks are more prevalent in times of recession...

Apologies vid

Although I used your post it wasn't a pop at you..:oops:

The point i was trying to make was now things have become so snowflake that if someone dares say anything another doesn't like they seem to be crying oppression and victim..and at some point someone has to say..that aint oppression, that's just a different opinion

yagamuffin":32l11vri said:
Chopper1192":32l11vri said:

I really do get **** of with twats giving people abuse because of their skin colour, spiritual path, hair colour, nation of birth, accent. It's pathetic, really **** pathetic.

Are we still allowed to abuse folk because of their religion? It's just about all we have left...

sylus":3ep0jvbi said:
Apologies vid

Although I used your post it wasn't a pop at you..:oops:

The point i was trying to make was now things have become so snowflake that if someone dares say anything another doesn't like they seem to be crying oppression and victim..and at some point someone has to say..that aint opression, that's just a different opinion
There's a difference, though - subtle it may be - between having a certain opinion, and abusing somebody either verbally, or physically.

If, for some, that line seems rather thin and tenuous, I'd just like to say this - for all of those suggesting this is really just about free speech, and people having the right to air their "opinion" however unsavoury that is, I'd rather a society where people can walk free with the right not to be abused and harassed, than some malcontent feels repressed because they can't call them a fatty, or a ginge, or whatever term they'd use to insult a goth, or whoever else those with low self-esteem feel the desire to deride / insult / abuse in order to feel better about themselves.

Freedom of speech is one thing - but it's not a blank cheque to go blathering around society being thoroughly uncivilised. For those that want to - rant at your TVs or something. Freedom of speech is not universal now - and hasn't been for quite some time, in most democracies, and certainly in most non-democratic countries.

Back