ti frame carbon post slipping

thanks for that, the washer thing makes sense. it allows the clamp to distribute the load more towards the post. I cant do much about the size of the post, and 27.2 seems like the retro standard. I wouldn't really describe the hope clamp as lightweight, they seem quite adequate to me. any thoughts on the clear coat? as I have some handy.

I had the same issue on my Cove with a Thomson alloy post, I had a hope Q/R and the post would slip, I bought a Salsa one and no problem , no matter how hard I cranked the hope it would never hold :(

I've had problems using hope seat clamps and smooth posts.

I solved it by using salsa clamp and posts with a shot peened finish.

I've also read that although Thomson make good posts, they can be small for their given size compared to other brands.

Thomson are some of the only ones that are always spot on accurate.

I'm suspecting the frame's the problem. Seen plenty of 27.2 seattubes that were 27,3 or more.

dbmtb":3ps9ibft said:
Thomson are some of the only ones that are always spot on accurate.

I'm suspecting the frame's too big. Seen plenty of 27.2 seattubes that were 27,3 or more and the seatpost may be too small.

I've had the same problem with my seatpost in my WCF. Although technically it's steel at the top ot the seat tube, there is carbon on the inside to the top. Just pulled the trigger on the Fiber Grip. Will report back

Back