WHYTE PRST-4 finally built!!

really unable to convince myself on the white tyres! :?
thought they would work, but have a pair of black RR tubeless on the way!
will try the more traditional back tyre look once they arrive!

i think they look ok on this being a silver bike but they normally phase me. they tend to shout "look at me!"
perhaps when they got a bit of mud em?

Yeah, the tyres are wrong indeed. I'd like to get my hands on a small PRST-4 myself, but the good ones never come up for sale when I have the money.

black tubeless tyres fitted, but i can't get the stupid forking things inflated!!! aaaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!! :evil:

yes mate, fitting tubeless tyres could be a pain in the a**, sometimes :(

try this: fit the tyre first with a tube and inflate with arround 3-4 bar til it pops onto the rim. Then deflate and remove the tube, leave one side of the tyre on the rim. Fit the tubeless valve again and the tyre with some soapy water onto the rim. Then inflate again, either with a floorpump, or better, with a compressor. Thats how it works when I tried to fit a non tubeless Vredestein tyre onto a Mavic Crossmax tubeless rim. :)

tell me about it martin, thanks for your top tip!
however, i sorted it by using the tried and trusted method of 'fairy liquid'! put some around the beads of the tyre and rim, nipped along to the local garage and used an airline and they popped right on! and it has to be said, the bike looks so much better on its black tubeless tyres! will get some pics up tomorrow, if it stops snowing........ in april!!! :shock:

I didnt mean it to be offensive, just reminds me a bit of a praying mantis... my eyes are different to your eyes.

Back