Alarming trend for bike shops? Or great?

agreed food and drink are the biggest regular profit margin if you can get people in the door, they also tend to stay in the shop longer looking at bikes if they have a cuppa joe in their hand

it's a good idea to make it more of a social thing rather than just a purchase so more feel at ease whilst they spend their money

ever wondered why supermarkets put the necessities like milk and bread at the back of the store?

I put a TV up for the Tour De France final stages last year, it was brilliant had over 25 people in and the atmosphere was great, sold a few things too.

its good fro cycling as its a great modern way of promoting it, unfortunately a part of me misses proper bike shops, with big shelves loaded with stuff to drool and hunt for. for me, skateboard shops did this a few years ago now, there used to be a skate shop in plymouth id go to, scared shitless everytime i went in but they had everything and knew everything.....now its spotty teens with no idea selling t shirts from little glass cupboards!!!!, very little board stocks etc and r&b playing in the background! wtf! lol

i do like a good old bike shop :)

My missus and myself are trying to get a shop going and its next to a cafe...

I think I will put my foot down and restart it as a bike shop.

It will be a bit more oily than a cafe culture trendy bar though.

Chopper1192":11k5eiq7 said:
I also miss Raleighs made from melted down anvils, rationing and rickets. Sometimes progress can actually be for the better.

but poor service generally cant be progress, just look at lots of halfords etc lol

A coffee shop that can fix bikes, whilst they wait for there pride and joy to have a spoke replaced they are a captive market for a well placed chocolate cake !

Latest posts

Back