Mountain Mayhem sign up thread - PLACES STILL AVAILABLE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did 23 miles tonight, the trails are surprisingly quite dry but the cold winds are just wrong for this time of year, still had a good run and scared my self a few times, that will do for me, going on a night ride tomorrow night with the local MTB club, We have to get the miles in June will soon come round :D :D :D

slmracing":3r1tlzem said:
I did 23 miles tonight, the trails are surprisingly quite dry but the cold winds are just wrong for this time of year, still had a good run and scared my self a few times, that will do for me, going on a night ride tomorrow night with the local MTB club, We have to get the miles in June will soon come round :D :D :D

oh..thats good, you can do all the night laps then!!!!

;)

What are people's light recommendations (on a tight budget?) currently using 2 T6 Cree lights (one on the helmet and one on the bars) and they seem pretty good, just a bit worried about battery life.

milko":1r65an4h said:
What are people's light recommendations (on a tight budget?) currently using 2 T6 Cree lights (one on the helmet and one on the bars) and they seem pretty good, just a bit worried about battery life.

It's only really dark for about six hours at that time of year. As I recall marshals check that you have lights fitted to your bike as you start your laps from about 10pm onwards.

If you are part of a team then the chances are you'll only get one or perhaps two night laps in, and with shorter 8 mile laps this year you'll probably only realistically need 2 or 3 hours of battery run time to cover that.

I plan to use a Cree XML T6 light which lasts for about 4 hours per charge, plus I have a spare battery. I'll also use another less bulky light mounted on my helmet, again with a spare battery.

I'll be riding solo, and depending on how much riding I do in the night, I reckon that should be sufficient. I'll also take my Exposure Maxx-D as a back up.

Cool, I'm doing solo too so think I will just buy a few spare batteries for the t6s and swap em out throughout the night

The sets on eBay for about thirty quid have done me proud in the past if you are still worried. Used on strobe they give plenty of light and last well :)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
pending food and beer consumption....and how much oldskool is being played im only venturing out for 1 night lap if its dry, me 30 quid ebay 900lm lamp will do :D

and how long is the run??

Yhe one you are considering is the light I have 2 of so I guess I will be fine and just need to work out battery life.

Perhaps you should go for one of these http://bit.ly/16hYIkd scrolling motivational advice to riders behind or motorway style warning "if you feel sleepy pull over and have a nap"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back