Sunday lunch, how many people do it?

After a supermarket trip I've decided on steak braised with onions and mushrooms, and a good glug of red wine. Accompanied by nice new potatoes, broccoli and carrots.

Cooked to the soothing tones of the AC/DC Back In Black album.

dinner is finished but no pic..sorry.lamb was soft after soaking in gravey for 20 minutes,,man im stuffed.

Don't do Sunday lunch, we have Sunday dinner, at 7ish. Unfortunately I miss out today, as I was cycling, and my wife went to her parents and had Sunday lunch :roll:

Yup, just cooking a nice leg of pork, salted on Friday , so nice and crackly.
As usual, dad dancing round the kitchen to Tom Moulton Phili remixes while doing the veg- Snips, carrots, Jez Artichokes, Squash, leeks and broccoli. Enough for a royal pig out tomorrow and meatloaf/sarnies the day after.
Timing is key, and can be thrown into the fiery pit of hell if I'm bidding on the 'bay...

Still waiting for my food to be ready, some things can't be rushed.

The musical journey has somehow went for AC/DC to a rather good 70's soul and funk playlist so all is good.

I have found roast meats tedious tonight I had home cooked chicken Dopiaza rice and nanns. Not with a bottled curry sauce or with a pataks curry powder.

To be honest though I do find it hard each week finding new things to cook that are interesting despite several Jamie Oliver and Delia Smiths cookbooks

Alison

Isaac_AG":32ognvau said:
I have found roast meats tedious tonight I had home cooked chicken Dopiaza rice and nanns. Not with a bottled curry sauce or with a pataks curry powder.

To be honest though I do find it hard each week finding new things to cook that are interesting despite several Jamie Oliver and Delia Smiths cookbooks

Alison

I was with that until you got to Jamie Oliver and Delia Smith...

Rather than pouring over recipe books, grab whatever is on the reduced shelf and let that be your muse!

:)

highlandsflyer":35uvfuz1 said:
Isaac_AG":35uvfuz1 said:

Alison

I was with that until you got to Jamie Oliver and Delia Smith...

Rather than pouring over recipe books, grab whatever is on the reduced shelf and let that be your muse!

:)

I'm crap at cooking unless I have some cookbook to hand I have lots but still cannot get it, Jamie Oliver and Delia Smith do cook housey meals rather than expensive ones, I do do Gordon Ramsey's sausage pie and Malaysian curry ( a fave with our family).

Alison

Back