Another P*SSED OFF Halfords customer

If you know you just need only an inner cable in an emergency say, may be OK – otherwise never ever ever ever set foot in Halfools – those gimps are clueless marsh gibbons.

Recently, one of my lady colleagues at work took her bike in to them to fix a puncture during her lunch hour. I offered to help, but she seemed to prefer the idea of leaving her bike with "experts" and spending lots of money on a simple task that most people could do for nothing in 5 or 10 mins.

On returning to work with the bike 'fixed', she found that she couldn't stop at the bottom of the ramp to our underground car park......

On inspection, it was obvious the gimps in Halfords hadn't reconnected the straddle wire on the Vee brakes after their tinkerings. :facepalm:

wow, i insult a bad item of clothing and neil qoutes scripture to me.
jesus also says "love one another"
neil, i forgive you.

videojetman":3ibiuyd4 said:
wow, i insult a bad item of clothing and neil qoutes scripture to me.
I did?

I fear you aim too high, I was actually quoting The Fast Show.
videojetman":3ibiuyd4 said:
jesus also says "love one another"
neil, i forgive you.
It just doesn't seem very christian to complain to somebody's manager about being dressed like that, that's all. Still, I'm happy in the knowledge I can air such opinions, and you'll forgive me.

videojetman":mnurhzxr said:
the last time i went into my local halfords, the person who was in charge of the bike dept.
had those stupid jeans where all his underwear was on show.
not very professional at all.
just turned around and walked out. after complaining to the manager.
funny that, you can usually see my kecks when I work on bikes, it's all the bending over that does it.
I never had any complaints from any of the pros or elite riders, or their managers, regarding those bikes I put together and serviced over the 6 or 7 year period I did it as a sideline.
That includes (IIRC) Two national champs, a couple of World champs riders, and christ knows how many Premier calendar/NPS wins.

Never mind, you could see my kecks. I must have been really bad at it.
Much less competent than the bloke taking his bike to a car accessory centre to get it fixed.

mattr":21wrdb1a said:
videojetman":21wrdb1a said:
the last time i went into my local halfords, the person who was in charge of the bike dept.
had those stupid jeans where all his underwear was on show.
not very professional at all.
just turned around and walked out. after complaining to the manager.
funny that, you can usually see my kecks when I work on bikes, it's all the bending over that does it.
I never had any complaints from any of the pros or elite riders, or their managers, regarding those bikes I put together and serviced over the 6 or 7 year period I did it as a sideline.
That includes (IIRC) Two national champs, a couple of World champs riders, and christ knows how many Premier calendar/NPS wins.

Never mind, you could see my kecks. I must have been really bad at it.
Much less competent than the bloke taking his bike to a car accessory centre to get it fixed.
do i detect a hint of sarcasm,
i find belts help.
but the goon in halfords wasnt even bending over to see his under garments.

TBH, all I'm trying to say is that judging someone on a minimum wage job on their dress code is hardly the way to go about finding a good mechanic.

And the sort of wages that halfords pay don't allow you to have work clothes and private clothes.

And FWIW, once you get down to cyclist weight, belts don't actually help that much. Unless you wear elasticated jeans.

when I worked in Halfords as a teenager, they gave you a uniform, and more than 1 set. You get some good mechanics/branches, some bad. Just like you get some good LBS's and some bad

my mate got offered an interview with halfords bike department. he knows his stuff and has been working on mainly BMXs for years to the extent that he would build rims and true them, the lot (I'm very lucky to have a friend like that ;) )

anyways as part of the interview they asked him to assemble one of their bikes. He noticed that one of the wheels was slightly buckled and made the grave mistake of telling the manager/ whoever was supposed to be in charge. safe to say he didnt get the job. :roll:

Back