Bottom bracket length ???

With M900 (the first of the superlow profile cranks), there was 107 and 113 UN90 bottom brackets designed for it.
This was quite different to the (121)122/127 that had been used previously.

Here's the 1993 UN91 listed, but is pretty much the same as the '92 I've not put in the archive yet
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/v/M ... ewsIndex=1

Now I don't know why 110 where created or when/what for, but it's an in fill and moves the non-drive side out by the few mm. I guess as some setups for possibly the new M737 etc needed the extra length there.
I guess it does also give the option of adding some 0.5mm/1mm/.. spacer on the drive side to tune chainline if you so desire.

It's possible it's for the medium band, but then people have shown as mentioned above the length is all on the non-drive side.

Ok... I've done some measuring.... here's what I have...

Mounted in the experience is a 122 so I will use that with the M730 on the Fat City Flyer... done...

Mounted on the Vertex is a 110 with a spacer on the drive side... not sure what to do here... I figure it will be good enough so I will use it like that for starters and check the chain line once it's built

Thanks for all the help and linkies!!!
So looks like I need a 113 in order to put the turbine on the Fat tubed experience

For the Ti-Bolt I can wait... because I do not have a Tibolt... hahaha... But I'm slowly building up all the components just incase a frame comes my way =)

Back