Paypal charging for gift?

Ok, so here's what I got... Now, it didn't happen with another e-mail address so maybe something to do with bank accounts in different countries even though the currency is correct (for me at least)...

E-mail address removed for privacy - Not sure why the error message as it sent ok. Strangely though I had a confirmation e-mail to say the transaction was accepted, as if it was manually accepted

Attachments

• paypal fee.jpg
    paypal fee.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 172
Using gift is daft, there's no security if anything goes wrong with a transaction. I understand why people do it, but for the sake of a few quid it ain't worth the risk.

swannymere":3osl5l97 said:
Using gift is daft, there's no security if anything goes wrong with a transaction. I understand why people do it, but for the sake of a few quid it ain't worth the risk.

Having difficulty concentrating on anything other than your avatar's bottom...

'Gift' is not recommended by RB and as gold trader should not be promoted. In the real world though, I use gift with users I know and trust and have not had any problems, thankfully. Anything to/from newbies/users abroad etc. I pay/charge fees. Let's not get off the point though - I was merely raising the whole 'charging for gift' thing as 'gift' usually means something without a charge :? Let's not get into a debate over 'to gift or not'

I do know that for quite a while if you send overseas, gift or not you are charged a conversion fee. Haven't seen that screen shot on mine before.

Jamie

I sent £60 as a gift yesterday, with a linked bank account an was not charged anything, however charges would apply if I used a debit card.

The charge applies on a debit card because I believe Visa charges for card uses in the same way every retailer is charged per transaction.

Back