I've got flu...

Chopper1192":hhahil6d said:
Retro Cat":hhahil6d said:
Any other flu remedies or is it just time and running up a large broadband bill that's required?

Yes indeed! Walk up and down the road wearing a sequined ball gown shouting "I am the angel of death and the time of reckoning is at hand", while painting your testicles purple and eating a dead puppy.

Not strictly speaking a cure, but it'll certainly take your mind off it.

Can just about get of bed and my testicles ache - otherwise a lovely suggestion

Retro Cat":1g4x75ie said:
Chopper1192":1g4x75ie said:
Retro Cat":1g4x75ie said:
Any other flu remedies or is it just time and running up a large broadband bill that's required?

Yes indeed! Walk up and down the road wearing a sequined ball gown shouting "I am the angel of death and the time of reckoning is at hand", while painting your testicles purple and eating a dead puppy.

Not strictly speaking a cure, but it'll certainly take your mind off it.

Can just about get of bed and my testicles ache - otherwise a lovely suggestion

Sounds like my honeymoon :facepalm:

Can just about get of bed and my testicles ache - otherwise a lovely suggestion[/quote]

Sounds like my honeymoon :facepalm:[/quote]

For an accurate facsimile you would've had a sick bucket too...

suburbanreuben":1kpwq9vi said:
Flu?
And you have the strength to press the keys?
Ye Jessie!

My wife's holding the phone and moving my finger with a piece of string...I've bought some Le Creuset pans and a new sports car already...
Hang on

Well that's the odd thing... I don't have any cold symptons, but a bubbly fizzy sensation in my lungs when I cough :-(

Everything just aches especially my armpits and b@@@@@ks...

Simple flu test: imagine someone has laid five £20 notes on your bedroom floor. If you could manage to crawl out of bed to pick them up, then it's not flu.

On the other hand, there are some seriously weird bugs around now. When I was young, you could describe what you had in 2 words, now it's like a mixture of totally random symptoms with no apparent cause or connection. I'd agree that Lemsip/Beechams/whatever remedies are a waste of money though - fresh lemon juice & spoon of honey in a mug of hot water, with paracetamol and/or ibuprofen - works just as well. Also, plenty of garlic & ginger as LGF says. And several pints of water every day, seriously.

Right, all I've got now is a hacking cough :-( Other than putting my head over a bowl of hot water are there any good remedies...

Back