Anyone dabble with trials, even a bit?

Sounds good, Apollo arent so good here, they cheap bikes by a motor factors, though yours sounds intersting, get it Christened! Good swap!

reanimation":2uomlb1k said:
Sounds good, Apollo arent so good here, they cheap bikes by a motor factors, though yours sounds intersting, get it Christened! Good swap!

I am an ex-pat, I know all about halfords :)

Apollo are kinda mid range here , and have a few interesting niche bikes like the trials... The trials bikes are actually Raceline branded, which is the Apollo "performance " line

A pic of a similar bike to mine...

http://cdn.observedtrials.net/vb/attachments/f13/7890d1171511247-fs-raceline-rhino-26-front.jpg

Looks like a mission / onza t raptor bike , great for street trials due to the short wheelbase.

Ant

:LOL: ah I see, the amount of miles my GF put in commuting on a £100 21" Apollo Halfords bike commuting was amazing, eventually we traded it in.

That bike of yours looks great, yeah it does seem like an Onza or something. Just the job. :cool:

Well... :D as a slight coincidence I swapped my old commuter for this Onza. I was curious so went for it!
What do you think?
DSC01405%20(640x414).jpg

I've not actually ridden it yet and I'm not sure if its a keeper or not yet, I might still build up my Trailstar 2 or something and use the funds from this, anyway we will see. Extra bikes about the house not ideal!

I've already modded it. The brakes are a bit stiff as i think its been stood a bit, so far I've fitted my XT parallel V brake to the rear and greased the old cable a bit. Might fit avid levers and new cables, or seek out cheap hs33 if such a beast exists.

On my checks though I've noticed that the stem has been over torqued at some point and threads stripped so that's now scrap metal right?
so I need a new trials stem in 31.8... And good old budget recommendations?

Other than that its pretty good as a starter bike.

The fat tyre at back and skinny one at front, that's right isn't it?

Cheers

Go for another onza stem , as this will still be correct for the length frame .

Yeh the tyres are the correct way round just run at the correct pressure :)

I get all my onza stuff from rock n roll bikes as tht is onza head office .

Tarty does have some nice stuff in :)

Back