Third Blizzard's a charm? (1995)

Frank, I have Blizzard Decal Artwork as you know. Can alter the colour for you & send onto you or a Forum Decal Guy ;)

claret73":2wkj0y5o said:
Frank, I have Blizzard Decal Artwork as you know. Can alter the colour for you & send onto you or a Forum Decal Guy ;)

Thanks Andy, sure shoot them over to me via email. ;)

Re: Third Blizzard's a charm?

Nice!!! I'm slowly finding all your bikes =)

I like the black mesh housing! Way cool!

I'm still new to mountain bikes... In the mountain bike world where does "LX" stand?

shutter":1w26xoqe said:

I'm still new to mountain bikes... In the mountain bike world where does "LX" stand?

I think either fourth or third behind XTR, XT, DX. They dropped DX on or before they introduced XTR. Can't recall exactly.

RockiMtn":isdzd1kp said:
shutter":isdzd1kp said:

I think either fourth or third behind XTR, XT, DX. They dropped DX on or before they introduced XTR. Can't recall exactly.

I think LX replaced DX in 1994...as RockiMtn said, it came third behind XTR and XT. Doubt it if actually stands for anything.

PeteC":2wgl908k said:
RockiMtn":2wgl908k said:
shutter":2wgl908k said:

I think LX replaced DX in 1994...as RockiMtn said, it came third behind XTR and XT. Doubt it if actually stands for anything.

Thanks! Now.. Is it thought of as "good" on a bike?

Or is it like "Ahhh man! Why would you put crummy LX parts on that frame!?"

I'm only asking because in the road bike world there are different models of Campagnolo and its always Record of nothing... If you go anything below the best (like chorus, Athena, xenon) it's pure thumbs down and disrespect all the way...

Personally I like the black components in the LX group...

Just curious on the general opinion...

For me, nothing wrong with going with LX kit on a bike. I quite fancy the LX black group in particular. I have some on a Blizzard.

I think MTBers are a little more forgiving than roadies, and it definately depends on the frame. If it's a $3000 custom made indy fab, it'd be weird to put LX kit on it. Using the roadie analogy again, LX and DX are about equivalent to shimano 105...it works just fine, but you're not going to see any of it at NAHMBS.

PeteC":p0gzl9qt said:
I think MTBers are a little more forgiving than roadies, and it definately depends on the frame. If it's a $3000 custom made indy fab, it'd be weird to put LX kit on it. Using the roadie analogy again, LX and DX are about equivalent to shimano 105...it works just fine, but you're not going to see any of it at NAHMBS.

True, that's what I really like about mountain bikes! I do enjoy a little mix and match =)

when I got my first three frames I started collecting XTR M900 parts... I have almost three complete groups right down to the hubs / headset... But now most of that stuff is going back on the market... I now find myself matching the derailleurs to the shifters then the rest is whatever matches the scheme of the frame =)

Got bored today so I had to find something to do. :)

Updated the "Hammer" Blizzard with a set of LX STi. Originally bought as 8spd but turned out to be 7spd. Held on to them trying to figure out what to do with them for a while and then just decided to through them on the Blizzard anyway. This meant swapping out the wheels, as I had 8spd XT on it. Had to resort to an older 7spd XT/Wolber AT18/Ritchey Zmax wheelset.

While I was at it, I put some black tubing liners across the top tube cable runs and down from the stem hanger to blend into the frame. As well I changed the brake straddles and grips.

Think it improved the overall look a little. Just a little more cleaner and better put together, while also a little bit more stealthier. :cool:

Attachments

• DSC05477.JPG
    DSC05477.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 325
  • DSC05476.JPG
    DSC05476.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 325
  • DSC05475.JPG
    DSC05475.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 325
  • DSC05478.JPG
    DSC05478.JPG