Mixing Shimano and Sram?

matt-b

Old School Hero
Hello

My Cube bike is fitted with 10 speed Shimano Dyna-sys which all works fine and great, however i have always been a loyal fan of Sram.
So if i fit a 10 speed Sram rear mech, shifters and front mech, will it would ok with the current Shimano Dyna-sys cassette, chain and chainset?

Thanks, Matt

I'm the oposite, I love Shimano so I've just binned off all my SRAM 2x10 speed stuff to fit Shimano.

I've got SRAM X9 shifters and a rear mech that have only been used twice if you're interested?

And... the front mechs are cross-compatible, its just the shifters/rear mechs that don't like each other.

ooooo i am, what colour are they? are they for a 2 x 10 or a 3 x 10? as i got a 3 x 10 chainset.

matt

ooooops, just read, there 2 x 10, my bad! hmmm i could still make them work, just need a new chainset?

They're grey but they're 2x10 :(

Are SRAM front shifters switchable from 2 to 3 the same as Shimano? I know nothing about SRAM.

£50 for shifters and rear mech was my thoughts. I'm keeping the front mech for now, as it is compatible with the new Shimano shifters.

I bought a new bike a couple of weeks ago, have been out on it twice so far, which is long enough for me to realise that I prefer Shimano. I ordered the Shimano kit last night so the SRAM stuff is still on the bike but once it arrives I'll be stripping off the SRAM and selling it.

Russell":3vn2884l said:
£50 for shifters and rear mech was my thoughts. I'm keeping the front mech for now, as it is compatible with the new Shimano shifters.

I bought a new bike a couple of weeks ago, have been out on it twice so far, which is long enough for me to realise that I prefer Shimano. I ordered the Shimano kit last night so the SRAM stuff is still on the bike but once it arrives I'll be stripping off the SRAM and selling it.

OOOF... Just looked at it and the shifters are X7... not X9... Sorry. :oops:

Back