Orange patriot LT complete rebuild

Cheers Jimo, I was thinking about stripping the forks down and rebuilding them anyway as I bought them second hand i would normally like to service them properly anyway. Would Black Stanchions and white lower legs look a bit daft? Maybe with Gold Decal's? Not really worried about the extra work if it looks better! To be honest the whole bike is a bit OTT for me, i am no DH biker, its a build project for me more than anything else, mainly fuelled by a purchase whilst pissed! Frame was a mess when i bought it so making a silk purse out of a sows ear is kind of what i am workign towards. It already is lightyears better than how it was.

Right through some top class Photoshop work (Microsoft paint) I have manged to, colour the legs in to give a rough idea of how they would look. My 7 year old daughter could do a better job to be honest. But i think white legs maybe the way forward, with some Gold Graphics.

Attachments

• 20130214_1655012.JPG
    20130214_1655012.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 342
Ruscoe":31yfpeoy said:
Well there are some finger prints under the lacquer, which are barely noticeable but they pointed them out to me. They offered to redo it but to be honest I needed to get on with putting the bike together. I must say it want there fault they had a visitor that touched te bike whilst on the rack and as I say they offered to redo the whole bike! The job they did on my Msisle was frankly as good as the original manufacturer finish!

Oh, that's not too bad. I'll give them a buzz once I've got the decals sorted out.

Did they strip the frame for you too? I think the SX may need chemically dipping because the paint is really thick and pretty tough.

Yes they had it blasted for me I cant recommend Davehighly enough it can take a couple of weeks though depending what he has got on.

Looks good buddy...paint finish looms spot on.

I like the black forks too.

Are they those Shimano brakes that CRC are selling for fifteen quid an end? If so, how do they feel?

No that's not them, but not too dissimilar. Its WAY under braked at the moment. I just ran out of cash and i already had this set ready for the wifes build. They stop it absolutely fine. even with my bulky arse on board. But i have only used it to fly around locally not taken her off road yet. To be honest now i have built it i will try and move it on or split it for parts again. I bought the bike after a night at the pub talking about starting DH riding. I committed to buying the bike and being an honourable kind of guy i completed the transaction knowing full well i didn't want the thing! Its been a drawn out build. The biggest problem was finding a DM stem to fit the forks. Which took weeks and cost me a fortune in different stems trying blindly to find one. So i am undecided which way to go now. If i keep it until pay day i will then upgrade the brakes if i dont i will probably end up splitting again. Unless someone wants to make a cheeky cash or px offer .

Back