masi 3v volumetrica first ride

matthew71

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
had a masi 3v volumetrica arrive from italy in the week,and finally got out on it today.the ride was great feeling very stiff in the bottom bracket area and sweet handling,very different to the bontrager mountain bike i have been riding since christmas.the seller told me it is the original paint and made from french excell tubing,unlike the later columbus nivacrom ones.the frame has internal lugs very much like a vitus or alan alu bike,and oversize tubes to make a nice stiff frame.i dont know to much about the frame, but i belive it to be made by alberto masi and not his father who started the company.i belive the frame was made in milan and not the later american built ones after the factory was moved to the usa

the saddle has 1986 stamped into it so this maybe the year it was made,and the 20 year old ergo leavers gave me a few interesting moments

Attachments

• masi r1.jpg
    masi r1.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 745
  • masi r2.jpg
    masi r2.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 745
  • masi r3.jpg
    masi r3.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 744
Nice that Mat! look forward to seeing it on the 17th

Good to get back on a road bike after all these years?

daj":wn3yfwf8 said:
Nice that Mat! look forward to seeing it on the 17th

Good to get back on a road bike after all these years?

must admit dave, i was thinking the front tyre looks a bit skinny compared to a conti cross country.and i forgot you can upshift more than 1 gear at a time on ergo,s.it did make me puff a bit . i will sort some better pic,s next time i have it out

Very choice looking ride Matt. Which excell tubeset is it? Close ups would be grand :)

Back