Klein Special, is it an Attitude?

90091483270220131721462.jpg

Its a guy in Denmark selling, I can get you in contact with him if you are interested, but the price is around $300

Cheers

Hi ..
I now own this bike, and look a little at it..
What i would like to know what model it is .. Look at the pic, its ready for disk brakes...

If it is a Klein, where should i look for the searial number ?

Hope some one can help ...
Have a nice day or evening ;)
Lars

Attachments

• 153 (Custom).JPG
    153 (Custom).JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 259
Well, it's a Klein for sure........unless some scoundrel learned how to make horizontal dropouts and internal cabling.... :)

It should be a Rascal/Fervor but they were never fitted with disc brake mounts.

Strange......

Anyway, the serial number should be under the bottom bracket housing.

The Attitude I owned wasy back in the mists of 1993 had a serial number on the drive side dropout (and one on the fork dropout too). Could the "Special" be indicative of the fcatory re-paint service KLEIN used to offer, just a shot in the dark, with all the colour options they used to have, who would choose black?

EDIT: It's almost definitely post 2002 BTW, to my knowledge the disc brake mounts on KLEINs before 2002 were the 82mm direct mount system, not the 51mm IS mount on your frame. Probably just a repainted TREK made Attitude, the later TREK bikes all had the standard 1-1/8" headtube.

mechagouki":138ffn6r said:
The Attitude I owned wasy back in the mists of 1993 had a serial number on the drive side dropout (and one on the fork dropout too). Could the "Special" be indicative of the fcatory re-paint service KLEIN used to offer, just a shot in the dark, with all the colour options they used to have, who would choose black?

EDIT: It's almost definitely post 2002 BTW, to my knowledge the disc brake mounts on KLEINs before 2002 were the 82mm direct mount system, not the 51mm IS mount on your frame. Probably just a repainted TREK made Attitude, the later TREK bikes all had the standard 1-1/8" headtube.

....and the post 2002 Attitudes came with horizontal dropouts?

mkaavin":747ngxia said:
mechagouki":747ngxia said:

Good point, a 2002 frame would have had rear facing "micro-dropouts" not those big chunky track-ends in the picture, very strange!

mechagouki":3739tean said:
mkaavin":3739tean said:
mechagouki":3739tean said:

Good point, a 2002 frame would have had rear facing "micro-dropouts" not those big chunky track-ends in the picture, very strange!

Well, I kind of like the horizontal dropouts..........but yes that was my thought too; they do not look like something from 2002. The tubes also look different from the Trek bikes....especially the head tube.

No, I still think that this is a Rascal/Fervor and I cannot believe anything other than that someone has "customized" the frame with disc mounts and then repainted it with new decals.

Back