does it really pay to work ?

Russell":3lqiml7u said:
RobMac":3lqiml7u said:
I disagree they are 'THE' tax experts thats what they get paid for. And no the OP shouldn't have know something was up he not a tax expert 'HE' DOESN'T get paid to do it.

'we' have a responsibility to ourselves to stay informed about the issues that directly impact our lives.

This idea that we can just plod through life and rely on the gov't to look after us and get it right all the time is crap and hopelessly naive, not mention an intrinsic part of the wider problem that we have with benefits etc.

They're the ones dishing out the dosh. It is behoven upon them to do so in a professional manner. How the f*ck are we expected to know their job as well as they are supposed to do?

Being professional does not, unfortunately, mean always getting it right. It does mean taking responsibility for putting mistakes right though, which is what has happened in this case.

This happened to us about 4 years ago (I was working at the time) - we phoned on more than one occasion to double-check that we were claiming correctly, and were categorically assured that we were, then the following year we received a bill for around £3k. I'm not sure what else we could have done to 'inform' ourselves or receive 'guidance'? Fortunately, the fact that an employee of HM had given us misleading advice resulted in the debt being written off, after another year of unpleasant correspondence and eventually enlisting the help of our local MP.
In any case, the entire system of claiming and paying out of tax credits appears to have been drawn up by a mentally-deficient chimpanzee after a night of absinthe-abuse.

scottmac":kaisek68 said:
videojetman":kaisek68 said:
greenstiles":kaisek68 said:
life is a journey we all make, how we deal with the obstacles is the important bit.
If one more fecker says that they are "on a journey" whilst "thinking outside of the box", I will crap on their lawn.

so you're the one visiting my neighbours garden then. ;)

"we are all just ingredients in the recipe of life"

Attachments

• IMG_5396.JPG
    IMG_5396.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 157
''Your only here once...so grab what you can''......grab all the benefits, lie cheat, steel....... is er, real.......!...sorry went off topic there :oops: ;)

Re: does it really pay to work ?
I wonder this too, I run my own business and spend an incredible amount of energy constantly trying to keep my head above the fiscal water, yet I see my neighbours and ex utilising the benefit and working tax credit system whereby their lives appear far easier. However I am able to look at my daughter in the full knowledge that I have stood up and exercise my dreams by my own will, though I had worked out once that my wage accounts to 50p an hour when the hours I work are immense. I am still glad I work
Apparently it's called high emotional wealth :facepalm: :facepalm:

Latest posts

Back