SW ride for April - 7/4/13 - The Quantocks

I need to get quicker too! Hope to make this one, but can't guarantee as I'm hoping the wind will change, and I can start earning by teaching kitesurfing. If it's windy, and from anything with west in it, I'll be teaching.

I'm tentatively putting this one on the calendar. If there are indeed plans for a monthly ride I may hold off until May though.

Have spoken to Alex, and he'll hopefully be guiding this one.

Suggested meeting spot is Lydeard Hill car park:
http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/109129
With a meet time of 10am to set off at 10.30am.
We'll probably have a lunch/beer stop at The Plough in Holford, which is nicely half way around, and means we'll get to ride down Holford Combe, which is my fav descent in the Quantocks :D
See you all there!

Hello gents,

I have the 7th pencilled in to lead the ride to Holford, slow is not a problem as my legs will be more than likely shot from Saturday's road club ride.

There's everything on the quantocks, from beginner to scared out of your wits, it's possible to avoid long climbs by not venturing too far off the ridge of the hills but there are climbs if you want to enjoy the downs.

After all the precipitation of the recent months it's got very rocky up there, if you have a choice of bikes, rigid is not the way forward. IIRC ChrisR's threaded headset shook loose on the last ride.

Alex

not sure i can make it, but still planning to. With Bespoked the following week, and not much funds for fuel, I'm a bit torn

Latest posts

Back