Yahoo account hacked

sylus

Old School Grand Master
I rarely give out my personal email because basically I don't trust anyone with it :p :LOL: but 2 weeks ago I got an email from an old friend, opened it and there was a link which I did not open but just identified it as a phishing scam and then deleted the contact

tonight i get a call from the son in law saying having you just sent us an email? I say no, I'm at yours right now babysitting for you..he says it's a multi send so I tell him to mark it as spam or phishing, delete it then delete my contact

I've since deleted all the contacts and then the account..bloody annoying but thankfully the amount on the contacts was less than 2 hands

yahoo have apparently had mas email account hacks since last november and know about it :evil:

Same happened to me with hotmail. Funnily enough, it happened shortly after my daughter convinced me she was old enough to have an email address. Just as I predicted, she really wasn't. A friend's older sister had been hacked and before you knew it, those emails that say things like, A jpeg just for you were flying everywhere. I sorted it by the same way you did, changing passwords and deleting all my contacts. I also deleted her account.

my yahoo was hacked as well, i dont use it apart from for freecycle so never check the inbox etc, wasnt until i got a call from my uncle to advise that i checked - i just changed the password and all is good so far.

It's quite common. Yahoo don't give a toss about it. I started getting emails to myself from my own address. Yahoo weren't interested. Bye-Bye Yahoo...

Latest posts

Back