What next for Venezuela?

JeRkY":6c8k5tnl said:
I watched this when it first broadcast and found it amazingly interesting. In particular the way the media can be used as a weapon. Worth the watch and possibly goes some way to explaining Chavez's mis-trust of the US. Or maybe this was propaganda too...ahhh my head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Id--ZFtjR5c

Awesome JeRky!! I was going to post something along the lines of "I saw a really good documentary about him ages ago, which paints a very different picture of Hugo Chavez than the one the US would like you to think, and how the media can change your viewpoint" etc etc, and you posted exactly the one I was talking about!!! Definitely worth a watch by anyone, whether you're interested in the HC/Venezuela story or not, it's a very good way of showing us how we can be manipulated by the media.

rosstheboss":2m1q35uo said:
JeRkY":2m1q35uo said:
I watched this when it first broadcast and found it amazingly interesting. In particular the way the media can be used as a weapon. Worth the watch and possibly goes some way to explaining Chavez's mis-trust of the US. Or maybe this was propaganda too...ahhh my head.

Awesome JeRky!! I was going to post something along the lines of "I saw a really good documentary about him ages ago, which paints a very different picture of Hugo Chavez than the one the US would like you to think, and how the media can change your viewpoint" etc etc, and you posted exactly the one I was talking about!!! Definitely worth a watch by anyone, whether you're interested in the HC/Venezuela story or not, it's a very good way of showing us how we can be manipulated by the media.

When you see the sheer amount of the Venezuelan population turning out to pay their respects it seems he was very well loved by the people. How many will do that when Thatcher goes ?

B77":24hfdjn0 said:
rosstheboss":24hfdjn0 said:
JeRkY":24hfdjn0 said:

When you see the sheer amount of the Venezuelan population turning out to pay their respects it seems he was very well loved by the people. How many will do that when Thatcher goes ?

The monthly circulation for the Daily Mail is around 2 million readers, so you could probably construct a ballpark figure around that.... ;)

David

Leaders that nationalize the oil-industry... not the USA's best friends; often overthrown, killed, imprisoned.
Mohammad Mossadegh.
Hugo Chavez - I would've voted for him.
Given cancer by some agency? I don't think so, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Back