Marin 1986/87? Palisades Trail

shogun700":28fd7d4y said:
Nice bike-any idea what the serial number is? I have an '87, I'd be interested in comparing, mine is A870691932. My decals are mostly shot, maybe I'll have some made up that say 'Flying Armchair'.....

Thanks - any idea where i can find serial no ?
I hope it isn't under the cable guide on bottom bracket as there are some dodgy looking marks that have been painted over!

Late to the party...

For what it's worth, I just found a pic of my first ever mountain bike, my trusty Palisades. This was taken in Switzerland after a mate and I rode down there one summer in the school holidays. Note the isotonic sports drink with 'lid strap'. Not sure what was going on there.

Clearly flouro was all the rage so apologies for that.

Think this was circa 1987?

marin_palisades.jpg

Just bought an original version of one of these ata car boot sale, red frame (black forks) exage kit, original decals, everything as was, a little bit chipped here and there and bits of rust, but its like going back down memory alley! :D

leaftop":27cnj296 said:
Just bought an original version of one of these ata car boot sale, red frame (black forks) exage kit, original decals, everything as was, a little bit chipped here and there and bits of rust, but its like going back down memory alley! :D

Cool, get some pics up then! :D

Latest posts

Back