The RB 'what I bought/ found/ scrounged' this week thread

A montha go I picked up a great condition Peugeot Dordogne from the local dump. Went back today to drop off some chocolates & biscuits for the staff, who've been very helpful recently.

Thought I'd look in the metals skip and there was this Peugeot Iseran. Not the same class as the Dordogne, but a great looking bike. :D

What stopped it being a perfect visit though was a GT RTS3 frame, which was under too much stuff to be got at, even with the help of the staff. Looked to be in great condition too :(

Attachments

• IMG_2321.JPG
    IMG_2321.JPG
    136.3 KB · Views: 552
I asked at my local tip and was told all they are allowed to sell off the site is compost !!!

:roll:

The bloke at our tip is an animal and is liable to knock your teeth down your throat if you as much as look at something for more than 5 seconds in a skip or the metal container.I have missed some great bikes over the last 8 years :cry:

But on the plus side........

I have a regular customer from a garage in York,and he had a relation die a few months back.So he has been cleaning out the old lads house and has sent me odds and ends over knowing that I collect retro tat.It turned out the old lad was a keen cyclist and had kept a diary,this diary was given to me last year along with a couple of old piccys of his racing bike.It was a good read and the diary goes back to the mid 60s.

I asked about the bike in the photo's and it has been left to someone in a will.
I thought no more about it until Thursday when my customer rang for parts and told me that the bike was unwanted by the person in the will and would I like it......

Would I ever :D :D

So he is gonna drop it round to me sometime.Its been neglected but kept dry,so Im thinking a light resto and some new tyres and off we go.

My luck must be on the up,I dont usually have stuff like this happen,but a free 60s Italian racer and wining karma decals in one week is a record. :D

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re: The RB 'what I bought/ found/ scrounged' this week threa

Another one.

DSC_0124.JPG

26.8 Suntour XC Pro seat post I needed, for very little, in a local shop, plus some Shimano 600 AX brake calipers for my summer commuter.

Finally came round and bought some Park CN10 cable cutters too, now I am sightly annoyed at myself for putting it off so long, they are fantastic.

Another great tip find a couple of weeks ago :cool: ......this time a Giant cadex CFM3 frame with a few of low end modern components. Frame is a bit grubby but seems in very nice condition.

Attachments

• Photo3P2170226.jpg
    Photo3P2170226.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 263

P3070025m.jpg

top to bottom :

NOS XT FC-M730 crankset. I only really needed the chainrings. Haven't decided yet if I'll keep these black 170mm cranks or use my silver 175mm ones.

Fat and lazy cat, 2004 model, black with a few white hairs. In fact I had this one for years, but it proved to be impossible to take pictures without her today.

NOS Deore XT II levers (BL-M733), 2-finger without pod mounts. Just what I needed to put the Mohaka back on cantis without losing the thumbies.

NOS XT BB-M730, cone and cup style.

Typical cat :LOL: Those parts are now mine :LOL:

A few weeks back i got a huge pile of nos m800 saint stuff which ive now mostly sold.[hub,mech,rotor,adaptor,tool and caliper]
Its worked out that selling it all gets me the nos saint caliper for nothing and today a nos m800 right hand lever arrived :D Just some hose to buy and i get a nos unused saint rear brake for under £15.
Jammy git i am :D

Back