Curiosity about car insurance

The 850 T5 was a mentalists car. I borrowed one from work and had it wheelspinning and torque steering down the motorway slip road with no effort at all.

Not much chance of getting the lad on my insurance for the 400 plus BHP methanol injected Impreza :)

Shaun

try having a van, insurance is ridiculous ''oh you have a 'LGV' well sir, just bend over'' and apparently the transit was a lorry. ffs.
they asked if there was any special adaptations I replied ''it is called Trevor because it's a trannie'' does that count... :LOL: :LOL:

Our S40 is about £500 but we have full breakdown cover too, that's with NFU. We got it with NFU as when my son passed at 17 they were the only ones who would insure him on a 2.0 Volvo, and they did it for £1000, which I thought was cheap.

Alison

I am with the NFU it used to be good on price, then they expanded their products to all and sundry, the premiums went through the roof, I stay simply as I kicked up such a fuss about A- how much it was costing and B a high percentage of errors on their side, I get the chance to vote this year and ask a question I look forward to the AGM.

We use AutoAid (http://www.autoaidbreakdown.co.uk/) for breakdown cover. You have to pay for recovery and then claim it back, but when we've used it (twice now) we've paid for the recovery on a credit card and AutoAid have paid up well before the card payment's due. In all other respects it's exactly like any other breakdown cover -- phone hotline, man comes, has a bit of a go at mending it, recovers you if not. Main thing is it's very cheap when you're not using it :)

Back