Latest (re) acquisition

BigFoz":1r4occ6j said:
Intending to rebuild with Campag Nuovo Record or C-Record (Both age appropriate), after derusting and respraying.

Anyone know what other colours it came in? Don't know I can respray metallic grey adequately from a can... Can't afford to respray another frame, so otherwise it may have to get derusted, treated and stored till I can save up some cash...

I had a friend who had one of these in this colour in the eighties, but the colour I would go for is the pearl white, just google image search for ANC team bikes as they rode these frames with c-record components with the cobalto brakes in the 1987 (tour de france year) season. Also I'll backup the comment on the rust, be careful..

like these, the smaller picture is Adrain Timmis's 1987 Tour De France bike that he had recently restored

Attachments

• ANC bike.jpg
    ANC bike.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 577
  • ANC bike 2.jpg
    ANC bike 2.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 577
BigFoz":3hzgxsyh said:
Intending to rebuild with Campag Nuovo Record or C-Record (Both age appropriate), after derusting and respraying.

Anyone know what other colours it came in? Don't know I can respray metallic grey adequately from a can... Can't afford to respray another frame, so otherwise it may have to get derusted, treated and stored till I can save up some cash...

One of my former clubmates had a Perthus in this colour scheme:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c107/ ... 53orig.jpg

(Somehow he managed to shoehorn guards on to it and use it as a winter hack!!)

There's also a blue/white only variant from another year:

http://cyclespeugeot.com/images/scan0008.jpg

David

I've got most of that rust off by dint of a wire brush and some brasso, but some stubborn bits left over - is it ok to use "Kurust" on 753 tubing? I assume so but thought I'd check first... Will this impact ability to repaint later?

I'd take advice from a 753 frame builder what's best. I'm restoring a 753r and opted to take it to Ellis Briggs, as not only are they 753 approved but they do great refubs. Issue seems to be how thin the tubes are plus don't use any heat as everything is silver soldered. 753 cannot be repaired, so best get it right first time.

Latest posts

Back