Speedy commuter? Revolution courier race 700c

reanimation

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Anyone looking for a speedy commuter? 20 inch frame
See recent description and pics below \/
IMAG0821.jpg

I've my revolution courier race. 2007 version, did a very short commute on it a few years, took the gears off ran SS, and cleaned up and put the 8 gears back on. Not really used it for 2 years.

It's matt black and not mint paint got some character chips but actually still a decent honest bike and rides great, very fast! brakes may need a tweak though they work. It's ideal for riding into the city or the pub as it is low profile. Alloy with steel forks. Ritchey girder 700c wheels plenty life left.
It's quite addictive to get upto speed and race the roadies! (briefly!) weighs only 26lbs and basically a rigid alloy MTB geo frame (71/73) on big wheels and chunky 35mm wide Vittoria Randonneur tyres.
20" seat tube and about 600mm top tube, like an MTB.

Prob after about £150ish for it. reduced to £140 for RB Folks
Anyone need a commuter?!

Manchester

Sale? Need space and funds. Bought a SS genesis last year. :D

Any interest bump?

I know it's wrong time of year, just posted up incase anyone needs the solution I was after in 2007 or a get fit commute for new year? :idea: This bike costs less than my next years on site parking permit! :?

It's currently in bits to make space at home so if you're inetersted and any bits you don't need or fancy a build it yourself, a revised price could be arranged!

Suitable for most gents upto and around 6ft specially if you like a fast XC layout.

You wouldn't by any change want an Onza Spyrogyra would you? Swaps?
I have one I'll never ride, and have never ridden!

:LOL:
It's not something I'd rule out! I was hoping to get a bike out of the way as I'm tempted to upgrade my BMX which is already anti social enough! How would she, and the house space, and the bank manager take to a new trials bike?! hmm! :LOL: :idea:

I'll have a ponder!

Been busy and this has been tucked away while space was made over Christmas and beyond, I've dragged it out now.
Gave it a quick splash to freshen it up. It's virtually ready to use. It had a new decent KMC Chain fitted and the mech and 8 speed road cassette, and teh 46T Thorn Alloy Chain ring cleaned when fitted so was silky smooth, didnt cover many miles, just the occasional commute, so that should have miles in it. Rear brake has XT pads, front may need pads and cables are a bit stick but thats easy for you guys to sort. WTB saddle still like new as I used a Giant Velo saddle and wore that out! Also I've just put the Odi grips back on and has two fairly high end light Vittoria Randonneur tyres in reasonably low milage. Will come with original flat cage pedals. Its a great deal if you need a commuter or fast pub/shop bike.
Heres some recent phone pics for you.
Reduced to £140 for RB folks... and I'm still considering Stews Trials bike if its still there, just Cash would be more ideal...
IMAG0821.jpg

IMAG0823.jpg

IMAG0822.jpg

To add for those interested, the current stem is a brand new kalin steel item with plenty of rise. the original Tioga Alloy item is available instead, just i've misplaced two of the front cap bolts.

Back