QUANTOCKS THIS SUNDAY 24th

Good Lord you boys look chilly, except the guy on the far right, who looks like he REALLY needs to pee.

I was out on me 'oss' for a couple of hours and had to be careful when I dismounted as I had long since lost all contact with my left foot. You were a lot higher up, so it must have been lung busting stuff. Fair play!

Will: How was the DB?

photo's were at the beginning of the ride, before I parked up the car said -1c, metoffice said feels like -4c, the mud was frozen solid in a lot of places.

NeilM":tmbahg3z said:
Good Lord you boys look chilly, except the guy on the far right, who looks like he REALLY needs to pee.

I was out on me 'oss' for a couple of hours and had to be careful when I dismounted as I had long since lost all contact with my left foot. You were a lot higher up, so it must have been lung busting stuff. Fair play!

Will: How was the DB?

Hello mate, its a lovely ride apart from the short and very straight syncros bars which I will change for a ti one.It was bitter out there on the more exposed parts and we came across some lovely single track but was rocky as hell and can't help thinking bigger tyres would help :roll:

Oh, short straight bars, not good.

I had some short Ti bars on the White Spider when I first built it and they made the bike very twitchy. Wider bars make for a more predictable ride, especially over rocks and roots.

I would love to get to the Quantocks, but with the weather being dry, I really needed to get the fat lad out and about. It was very cold here, and we're not too far above sea level, so I can imagine exactly what it was like up there today.

I'll do my best to get up there for the next meet.

Latest posts

Back