What Retro stuff have you been doing today ?

I went for a ride in the woods today.

Bracing, I think is the word.

DSCN0079_zps7a1313f1.jpg

looks ace Neil , I was meant to be starting the new build but in bed ill instead :roll:

It was a really nice ride, chilly, but nice a quiet with just a few folk around.

If you're ill in bed, then a half a bottle of brandy will work wonders.

You wont feel any better, you just won't give a sh*t.

Glued the rear tub on to the rim. Got a horrible feeling its going to feel like I'm riding on a giant twenty pence piece.

Putting together the crosser , slow work but getting there. Took me half hour to just get the sti,s off the old bars! Hoping mechanical discs are going to be a breeze to sort out. Going to have some munch then have another go really want it sorted for riding Sunday. :?

I think personally its a great satisfying feeling riding a bike that you have built and chosen the parts yourself to build but by god this thing is fighting me all the way :evil: it better be worth it!!

I am into that frustrating stage of constantly missing or being outbid for things on the bay, added to the mind numbingly dull process of trawling through every web site you can think of, in search of components. In this instance wheels.

I don't know how people get any pleasure at all from searching for stuff, I just find it frustrating, nearly as frustrating as waiting for recalcitrant sellers to actually bother to post the things I have bought and paid for.

Don't let that bike beat you Dave, just like kids; never show any signs of weakness and NEVER let them get the upper hand.

Tell more Mike??

Neil , This has to be one of the most testing I have built just EVERY single thing being a arse. For example TWO nasty cheap (Clarkes) cables that I will not ever buy again frayed while fitting ...Threading into 105 sti`s with super stiff Hood covers is not fun, One stuck cassette on a wheel and one broken chain whip (had to concock a homemade whip to take another cassette off) and thats just been this evening :evil:

daj":3cd9s15n said:
Tell more Mike??

Neil , This has to be one of the most testing I have built just EVERY single thing being a arse. For example TWO nasty cheap (Clarkes) cables that I will not ever buy again frayed while fitting ...Threading into 105 sti`s with super stiff Hood covers is not fun, One stuck cassette on a wheel and one broken chain whip (had to concock a homemade whip to take another cassette off) and thats just been this evening :evil:

Perhaps you should leave it to the professionals Dave :LOL: this bike better be awesome after all this :LOL: the wheel saga is still making me chuckle now.

Back