Would you buy my Tune wheelset conundrum

kermitgreenkona88":3lpew1at said:
In my experience Poshbikes don't know hay from a bulls foot. If the hub spun freely before you sent it off and the freehub is damaged now, it sounds like either a manufacturing fault, or they fecked it up while removing it, either way it sounds like you have done nothing wrong so why are you paying for it :?: Also why are they machining an alloy axle rather than sending a carbon replacement :?:

Mmmm...yes, the fact it span okay before I sent it is leaving a nasty taste in my mouth. The axle was made by Tune as I do not think they make the carbon one anymore and/or it would have been too expensive

sounds like whoever changed the axle messed up your hub... if tune don't make carbon axles anymore (I wonder why?), and you're happy with an aluminium replacement, then fair enough but I don't see why you should have to pay for it. And if the hub was fine (apart from the broken axle) before you sent it for repair, then whoever messed up the freehub should get it sorted for no charge - there's no way I'd accept a shoddy repair and then pay again to get it fixed :shock:

True...some stuff replied to here is just about personalities and not really competence. I will phone them tomorrow and say just send it back with the new bearings and axle fitted with the freehub engaging and spinning fine, just as it was when I sent it in. Fair?

Sounds fair, unless the broken axle did the internal damage (and it doesn't sound like it) who did the freehub 'alterations'?! Bizarre. Sounds like they mullered it on the way out...

Good luck and keep us posted!

Back