Kintyre

Matthews

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Bit of a request from a southern Jessie, thinking of going on holiday this year near Tayinloan on the Kintyre peninsula, anybody got any info on the riding up there as there seems to be a reasonable selection of forests that look like they've got tracks through them but you never can tell.
Matthew

Hello mate, im from Campbeltown about 17 miles south of Tayinloan. Not a lot of riding there at all. Mainly fire road runs. Fine if your going with the kids for a bit of a jaunt but no real mountainbiking whatsoever. Pray god tell me why you have chosen Tayinloan as your destination though? there is nothing there, and i mean nothing. There is the Fire Tower trail at Lochgilphead which you pass through on your way down to Tayinloan though and thats not too bad

Beach, hence no midges (wife reacts badly) as Point Sands campsites on the beach, peace and quiet for us and the dogs , if there's no riding then I might be changing my plans .
Matthew

what about the solway firth? there must be a campsite near a beach there and tons of riding to be done

That's an option but as we had a Static at Brighouse Bay for about 20 years we're looking for new areas to explore , personally I like Arisaig further up but the wife's after a change as we've been there for the last 5 ish years.
Matthew

Nice enough place with the beach but TBH that's about it, unless you could get the boat across to Jura - if its running this summer. Think funding may have been stopped but could be wrong. If yer into roadbiking then Islay might be worth a shout, but ferry fares can be prohibitive unfortunately.

eg..... http://www.rideofthefallingrain.net/

Always fancied that one :idea:

Matthews":3oddjw0q said:
Beach, hence no midges (wife reacts badly) as Point Sands campsites on the beach, peace and quiet for us and the dogs , if there's no riding then I might be changing my plans .
Matthew

remembered this - since when did beaches = nae midgies :?:

:|

Back