Can't believe it !

Assuming you're not massively overweight, physical size is a far better indicator of fitness than weight. Muscle is heavier than fat, so toning up with exercise won't necessarily shed many pounds. Should lose a few inches though!

just cutting down the alcohol to a few bottles on a Friday

Of scotch? :shock: :D

I started comfort drinking not a lot just 4 Mcewans Champions a night

Beer is about 250 calories a pint, so 4 is 1000 calories, half the recommended daily intake for women. :shock:

Also, beer contains "dead calories", they are mainly from sugar and some from the alcohol itself, but there's very little actual nutritional value, beer does contain some vitamins and minerals, but nowhere near as much as a 1000 calories of meat, fish, dairy, veg, fruit - real food basically.

Isaac_AG":lkiel8sp said:
I've lost a stone in weight in the last couple of months just cutting down the alcohol to a few bottles on a Friday. I'm not a big eater so the weight gain was all due to alcohol, now throw in a bit more exercise and I might get back to my 2010 weight of 10st

Alison

pics or it didn't happen...... :roll:

Piperdave":iw75cz5r said:
Isaac_AG":iw75cz5r said:
I've lost a stone in weight in the last couple of months just cutting down the alcohol to a few bottles on a Friday. I'm not a big eater so the weight gain was all due to alcohol, now throw in a bit more exercise and I might get back to my 2010 weight of 10st

Alison

pics or it didn't happen...... :roll:

It would be unfair to all the sensitive people on here. :D

Alison

l.jpg

xerxes":3lul1xk7 said:
just cutting down the alcohol to a few bottles on a Friday

Of scotch? :shock: :D

I started comfort drinking not a lot just 4 Mcewans Champions a night

Beer is about 250 calories a pint, so 4 is 1000 calories, half the recommended daily intake for women. :shock:

Also, beer contains "dead calories", they are mainly from sugar and some from the alcohol itself, but there's very little actual nutritional value, beer does contain some vitamins and minerals, but nowhere near as much as a 1000 calories of meat, fish, dairy, veg, fruit - real food basically.

The other big problem with booze is that it's an appetite stimulant, hence the tendency to think a pizza, burger, kebab etc. is a great idea after a night on the pop (speaking from personal experience here!!), and also why nibbles are a good accompaniment to a few drinks. Speaking of which, what on earth goes into Pringles that makes them so addictive (apart from one Mid-Cheshire's worth of salt)?

David

Back