sad news from Bristol

This was in the Magistrates Court, two counts of death by dangerous driving, along with driving while disqualified, no insurance and leaving the scene.

It has now been referred to Bristol Crown Court.

The accused has been remanded in custody, but I can't work out if that's for his own safety, or because they think he'll do a runner.

Re:

gtRTSdh":2euqpfzs said:
if the police could be bothered to act about anything other than speeding this could have been avoided.

:LOL:

it's the police's fault . . . of course.

NeilM":1eabcq2m said:
This was in the Magistrates Court, two counts of death by dangerous driving, along with driving while disqualified, no insurance and leaving the scene.

It has now been referred to Bristol Crown Court.

The accused has been remanded in custody, but I can't work out if that's for his own safety, or because they think he'll do a runner.

i don't appreciate your attitude. The whole young husband and wife killed together has had much more of an effect than just a single person being knocked down. The fact the police were 'pursuing' suggests that if a) they had managed to stop the vehicle before, or b) weren't chasing then this tragic event might not have happened.

gtRTSdh":1icyig0w said:
The fact the police were 'pursuing' suggests that if a) they had managed to stop the vehicle before, or b) weren't chasing then this tragic event might not have happened.

Cudda, shudda, wudda.

What if the police haven't tried to stop the car and it went round the corner and killed them anyway cos they were speeding, high, we're in a stolen car etc etc etc. gues what you would be saying then. . .

"if the police could be bothered to stop cars blah blah blah"

To suggest this happened because of the polices actions is frankly ridiculous. But I'm sure you are right, those officers had nothing better to do. They were trying to stop it for shits and giggles.

Back